We spent last year completely re-coding our back-end video platform to make it more scalable using a video rendering engine built on top of Amazon web services. This added reliability to produce smoother, more cinematic video and scalability to handle hundreds, or even thousands of videos a day. Now, we have completely recoded the front-end editor you use to create the videos.
See the overview video or read below for key features.
Key Features. The new editor is built using modern code and comes with these benefits highlighted below:
- Upgraded size to HD – 720P standard
- NO Adobe Flash, which means you can use your iPad to edit the photo order and create a video. The old editor required Flash.
- Simplified Intro/Exit branding slides that pull from your profile info & can be shown independently of each other
- Ability to add photos or even ready to use video clips and sequence them into the timeline (video clip audio support coming soon).
- Auto syncing of the floorplan images that can be inserted in the video. If a room name changes, it automatically updates the video. At this time floorplan images are not shown in the photo gallery because of redundancy – but see the video for a work around. Seed feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Add a Text Slide to help communicate a space or feature. This is similar to the text posts you see on Facebook, and it includes the ability to add in emojis. 😉 You can also use this to create a custom branding or co-listing slide and select to show it ONLY on the branded version of the video we create (so you do not get in trouble with your MLS and their unbranded requirements. 💡 See example below.
- Auto saves – no more save and preview or save. It just does it.
- Video length indicator
- Multi-select images – use SHIFT+Click to select
- Quick editing panel for everything you can change on each media card. See example below.
- View Preview – a small video is rendered within 1-2 minutes for quick preview of your edits. Produce the Tour and Create Video to generate final video.
- Video is automatically added to your tour with an unbranded version too, and it is available for download under the Marketing Center so you can upload it to social media. We automatically post it to YouTube, your channel or ours.
This is the text slide editor so you can create any kind of custom slide and inject into the video timeline.
Click the photo (media card) to show the quick edit panel for each media item.
The new video editor is available on all tours produced beginning after April 12th. If you would like to use it on an older tour, you can. Here is what you need to do. Just know there are some features like the floorplan sync and the text slides that are not supported in the old editor, so if you use this, you need to use it going forward for that tour.
The “back-door” way to use the new video editor – when logged into your account, just open a new tab and use this URL:
https://vifp.com/photo-video-editor/xxxxx where the xxxxx is equal to your tour ID of the video you want to edit.
You will have access to all the new features, but if you save and exit the page and come back and go to Edit Photos/Video, you are going to see the old editor and certain things will not be there, like the text slides and floor plan images. So, just remember to use this special link to edit the video going forward.